If you’re feeling stressed out from the holidays, work, your kids, or whatever else is bothering you, you need to take some time to relax.
How do you unwind? If you’re like most adults I know you’re tired and stressed out daily. It’s very important for your mental well-being and even your physical health to figure out ways to help yourself unwind after a long, hard day (or week!). Here are some ideas to help you figure out your perfect strategy to unwind.
If you’re in dire need to unwind, if stress is literally making you sick – take a day off! If it’s not possible to get a day off of work then plan out a weekend day to do…absolutely nothing. If you need to get your spouse, a relative, or a babysitter to help you with the kids for a day then do it! Don’t feel guilty or embarrassed that you need to ask for help – everyone needs a day that they can be a little selfish and do exactly what they would like to do.
If don’t feel the need to take an entire day off, and feel like a few hours here and there will do the trick, then schedule yourself in some “me time” daily. Your me time can be just an hour here or there where you can fit it in, or perhaps you want to make it a set time every day so that you know exactly when your free time is coming and can look forward to it on a regular basis. Now, what you do in that time is up to you, but here are some suggestions:
- Make yourself a blog! You can get one here on WordPress for free.
- Start a new hobby. Try knitting or crochet, drawing, drone flying, you choose!
- Go bowling. It’s great exercise, inexpensive, and lots of fun.
- Puzzles! It can even be a family activity if you want to invite them to join you.
- Get a pet. You can spend your free time cuddling it.
- Take a class – cooking, painting, whatever you’re interested in
- Go exercise – cardio, yoga, sports
- Go to the coffee shop – if you don’t like coffee, drink hot chocolate!
- Volunteer – some people find helping others helps them relax
- Bake cookies – yum yum!
- Read a book – I prefer paper, but ebooks are good, too.
I hope that you found this article on relaxing helpful. If you have any other ideas for me time activities please feel free to comment down below.