Kira Kira Crate from Japan Crate is a monthly subscription box fully of beauty products directly from Japan. Here is my take on the February 2017 Kira Kira Crate.
If you’re unfamiliar with a subscription box, you’re in for a treat. A monthly subscription box is like a present to yourself every month that you give yourself. The beauty of a subscription box is that you have no idea what’s coming in your box. All subscription boxes are slightly different. Today we are going to review the February 2017 Kira Kira Crate.
In the Kira Kira Crate you typically receive 6-8 full-size products. You can get anything ranging from makeup to skin care to fun kawaii products. In the February 2017 crate I received:
- 5Lanc Moisturizer – The consistency is very watery and difficult to apply. The package says it’s for oily skin, so this might be good for summer. My skin is combination skin, normally fairly dry in the winter and oiler in the summer. I’ll save this for then, it is a GIGANTIC bottle.
- Yakuyouburo: Fatigue bath salts – This package of bath salts smells delicious! Citrusy, like lemons or oranges. I don’t think this is something that I would buy on a regular basis, but as a treat for the bath tub it was nice.
- Banana Chocolate lip mask – My lips are super sensitive, and I hate bananas, so I didn’t use this.
- Delicious Lip Cream, mint chocolate – It’s mint chocolate flavored and scented lip balm. It’s creamy and moisturizing. I would get it again.
- BWPRM Liquid Eyeliner (Crazy Pink) – Does anyone get the impression that they just grabbed a handful of scrabble tiles out of the bag to pick their company name? I love fun eyeliner, so this dark pink is a good fit for me. I like to wear it over a light shimmery gold or light brown eyeshadow.
- Pure Smile face mask – I like face masks, and this one has a lot of good benefits and nutrients inside. This mask has vitamin e, collagen, arbutin, and hyaluronic acid listed as ingredients on the package. These ingredients are good for firming and tightening the skin.
- PGT eyeshadow palette – I love it. It has really pretty colors. They are brown, pink, cream, and gold. These eyeshadows are really nice to wear under the pink eyeliner that came in this crate.
That’s it! For $29 my verdict is “meh.” These are nice products, but out of all of them, I think the only ones that I would have actually purchased if I had seen them in the store is the palette and the eyeliner. I will use everything except for the lip mask, though.
I hope that you found this review helpful. Check back again soon for the review of March’s Kira Kira Crate. If you’re interested in more health and beauty articles, check out my post on activated charcoal or my post on the konjac sponge. Sign up for email update to be alerted when a new blog is posted, please.